Two held following death of teenager from allergic reaction after takeaway meal
Two men have been arrested over the death of a teenager who suffered a severe allergic reaction after eating a takeaway meal.
The men, one aged 37 and from Rossendale in Lancashire, the other 38 and from Blackburn, were held on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter by gross negligence, Lancashire Police said.
Megan Lee, 15, from Oswaldtwistle in Lancashire, died in hospital on New Year's Day after being admitted on December 30.
The teenager had eaten food from an Indian takeaway in Hyndburn before suffering the apparent allergic reaction.
A post-mortem examination has taken place, but full results as to the cause of death are still not fully known.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: " The men aged 37 from Rossendale and 38 from Blackburn have been arrested on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter by gross negligence and are currently in police custody.
"We are working closely in liaison with colleagues from trading standards and environmental health as part of our inquiries into Megan's death. Her family are being kept fully updated with the progress of the investigation."
Megan's parents, Adam and Gemma Lee, had described their daughter as a "role model", "inspiration" and "princess".
They said: "Our hearts are shattered at the sudden loss of our beautiful daughter", adding: " She immediately touched the hearts of everyone she ever met."