Belfast Telegraph

Home News UK

Two men dead after ‘carbon monoxide leak’

Five other people have been taken to hospital as a precaution.

Two men have died after a possible carbon monoxide leak.

The pair, thought to be aged 38 and 42, were found at an address in Edgware, north London, on Sunday afternoon.

Five other people, including two children, were taken to hospital as a precaution.

Scotland Yard said the deaths are being treated as “unexplained” but police believe there was a possible carbon monoxide leak at the property on Bacon Lane.

At this early stage, police believe that there was a possible carbon monoxide leak at the address. Met Police

Officers were called at around 1.30pm to reports of two unresponsive males, finding both men dead when they arrived along with the London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade.

The Metropolitan Police said no arrests have been made.

“At this early stage, police believe that there was a possible carbon monoxide leak at the address,” the force said in a statement.

“Police in Harrow continue to deal alongside the Health and Safety Executive who have been informed.”

bpanews_324c2cd9-abd6-4801-b8fe-c27a9972e86e_embedded543190
Map showing location of bacon Lane in London

London Fire Brigade said units rushed to the scene at 1.42pm on Sunday.

A spokeswoman said: “We have had two males pronounced life extinct by London Ambulance Service.

“Two adult males, one adult female, one male child and one male infant have also been treated on site for carbon monoxide poisoning and taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service.”

Daily News Headlines Newsletter

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph