Broadcaster Gerry Ryan will receive a send-off in the best Irish tradition with a wake in his family home before his burial later this week.
Messages of sympathy continued to pour in yesterday for the 53-year-old radio and TV star who was found dead in his Dublin apartment on Friday.
More of his loyal fans turned up at RTE's radio reception centre in Montrose yesterday to sign books of condolence.
Dublin's Lord Mayor Emer Costello announced that a book of condolence would be open from noon today at the Mansion House in Dawson Street.
Ryan's devastated family is hoping a post-mortem examination will be completed by tomorrow.
They plan to hold the wake in the family home in Clontarf before his funeral on Thursday.
While gardai are investigating his sudden death, foul play is not suspected and it is believed he suffered a heart attack.
Ryan, who separated from wife Morah two years ago, was found in his Upper Leeson Street apartment on Friday after his partner Melanie Verwoerd — a former South African ambassador — became concerned that his production crew had been unable to contact him.
A builder working nearby forced the door to help her gain entry to his apartment and Ryan's body was found beside his bed.
Family spokeswoman Joanne Byrne said Morah and the children were very much aware of all the messages of support that had flooded in.
Asked about funeral arrangements, she said the family were in a “holding pattern” awaiting the results of the post-mortem.
If the arrangements go to plan, it is hoped that the removal will take place in Clontarf on Wednesday evening with the funeral on Thursday morning.