Belfast Telegraph

Home News

Wendy-Ann Russell

A report of the inquest into the death of Wendy-Ann Russell published in the Belfast Telegraph stated incorrectly that she died of an accidental morphine overdose ('Mother died after accidental morphine overdose', November 3).

In fact, the Coroner, Brian Sherrard, found that Mrs Russell's death was due to the cumulative effect of drugs prescribed to her over a long period of time. There was no suggestion that Mrs Russell had taken any more medication than had been prescribed.

We apologise to Mrs Russell's family for the distress caused by our inaccurate report.

Belfast Telegraph


From Belfast Telegraph