Blast man 'intestines spilled out'
A man found dead after a bomb was set off in Sweden had wires coming from his clothing and his intestines spilling out, a court has been told.
The evidence was heard at the trial of Nasserdine Menni who is accused of conspiring with Taimour Abdulwahab, who set off a bomb in the Swedish capital, to further terrorist aims by criminal and other means.
It is alleged these included the use of explosive devices in the commission of an act of terrorism directed against members of the public in Sweden with intent to murder them. Abdulwahab, who had been living in Luton, died following the blast in Stockholm.
Menni, who is on trial at the High Court in Glasgow, denies all the charges against him.
Earlier in the trial the court heard that police went to the Bryggargatan area of the city on December 11 2010 following a report of an explosion. Swedish police technical investigator Roger Skoglund told the court that he went to the scene at around 10pm.
Speaking through an interpreter, Mr Skoglund read from the report he wrote describing photos taken of the body lying at the scene: "The man gave an impression of having a foreign appearance. The clothing that on this occasion could be seen was that the man had a black and white shawl or scarf around his neck. On the upper torso there was a black, quilted jacket which was very, very broken."
He told the court that what appeared to be blood could be seen on the ground around the body. His report described how when the blanket was removed a large flesh wound could be seen in the stomach area with part of the intestines spilling out, and both hands were injured. A close-up photo of the body in more detail showed wires coming from the clothing.
The body was not identified in court.
It is alleged that Menni, whose age is not known, conspired with Abdulwahab and others from addresses in Glasgow, Luton and Bedford, as well as in Sweden, Syria and Iraq, between January 1 2003 and March 8 2011.
Menni is also charged with transferring sums of money to or for the use of Abdulwahab by unknown means, between January 2005 and December 2010, in the knowledge or with reasonable cause to suspect that they would or may be used for the purposes of terrorism. It is also alleged that he repeatedly communicated with Abdulwahab in person, by phone, email, voice-over internet protocol systems and by other unknown means to discuss ways to pursue the conspiracy between January 1 2003 and December 11 2010.