Blaze tragedy schoolboy has died
A 13-year-old Pakistani boy who set himself on fire because his family could not afford to buy him a new school uniform has died, police have said.
Police officer Zahir Shah said the boy, Kamran Khan, died on Saturday, a week after he doused himself with petrol and lit himself on fire in north-west Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
The boy's older brother, Saleem Khan, said the family did not have money to send Kamran to school. A private school let him attend for free because he was a promising student.
He said his brother was embarrassed by his old school uniform, because it was worn out. He argued with their mother about getting a new one, and she got angry and slapped him.
Then he went outside and set himself on fire.