Colombian government to sign ceasefire with last guerrilla group
Colombian president Juan Manuel Santos has said the government will sign a bilateral ceasefire with the nation's last remaining major rebel group ahead of Pope Francis' visit this week.
Mr Santos said the agreement will be signed later in Quito, Ecuador, where negotiations with the National Liberation Army have been taking place since February. The ceasefire takes effect on October 1.
Mr Santos said the agreement will initially run through to January 12 and can be renewed as the peace talks advance.
Last year the government reached a peace deal with the much larger Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or Farc.