Belfast Telegraph

Home News World

Couple behind California terror attack buried

The bodies of a husband and wife behind the California shootings that killed 14 people have been released by authorities and buried.

Lawyers for family members said Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik were buried on Tuesday in Southern California.

David Chesley and Mohammad Abuershaid confirmed the burial to NBC News, but gave no further details.

San Bernardino supervising deputy coroner Randy Emon said the bodies had been released, but he was not allowed to say who claimed them or give any other information.

Farook, 28, and Malik, 29, were killed in a shootout with authorities hours after the December 2 shootings at a social services centre in San Bernadino.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph