Dead mouse no fan of pop
Too much fizzy drink will rot your teeth, but if you are a rodent, and the drink is Mountain Dew, then it's capable of dissolving your entire body.
So claims PepsiCo, the global drinks behemoth which has cited the extraordinarily corrosive nature of its bright green product in its defence against a personal injury lawsuit.
Ronald Ball (52) from Wisconsin has alleged a can of Mountain Dew he purchased in 2009 made him "begin to vomit".
On examining the container, he found a dead mouse inside.
Defending the $50,000 claim, PepsiCo hired veterinary surgeon Lawrence McGill to conduct a post-mortem.
In his submission to court, he said the mouse was not sufficiently decomposed to have spent significant time inside a can of Mountain Dew.
Noting the high acidity of the drink, the vet argued that after 30 days, the length Bell claims the creature was in the can, the rodent would have "disintegrated" into a "jelly-like substance".