Death toll from Saudi-led air strikes in Yemen reaches 18
Air strikes by the Saudi-led coalition have bombed civilian homes in a Red Sea port city and killed at least 18 people, a Yemeni health official said.
Sami Motair, a medical official at al-Thawra hospital in Hodeidah, said scores of bodies were buried under at least three houses that the missiles hit in a neighbourhood known as Indians Alley.
He said that he expects the death toll to rise as more bodies are uncovered.
The Wednesday air strikes targeted the so-called presidential palace in the city earlier in the day.
The Saudi-led coalition has been carrying out air strikes against Yemen's Houthi rebels and their allies since March 2015.