East Ukraine city 'hit by shells'
A woman was injured as shelling continued overnight in eastern Ukraine despite a ceasefire, the city council of Donetsk said.
The council for the rebel-held stronghold said a school and several residential buildings were hit by shelling, putting at risk the already shaky ceasefire between pro-Russian rebels and Ukrainian forces.
Meanwhile, Col Andriy Lysenko, a spokesman for the Ukrainian National Security and Defence Council, said that five servicemen had been killed and 33 wounded since the ceasefire was declared on Friday.
Both sides have blamed each other for repeated violations of the ceasefire in the conflict that has killed at least 3,000 people, according to the UN.
Despite the reported violations, Russian officials today sounded hopeful and said that the ceasefire presents an opportunity for a political settlement.
Speaking at a news conference in Moscow, foreign minister Sergey Lavrov said Russia is aware of the reports of infringements but referred to his conversations with both the pro-Russian separatists and the Ukrainian government, saying that they are committed to adhering to it.