Libya blast 'kills at least 17'
At least 17 people have been killed in an explosion at an ammunition depot in Libya's rebel stronghold of Benghazi, hospital officials have claimed.
Dr Habib al-Obeidi, from the city's al-Jalaa hospital, said the blast at a military base also affected a nearby residential area. Other witnesses said two fire engines had been blown up in secondary explosions as emergency services rushed to the area.
Al-Obeidi said the blast was triggered when people went into the storage facility to collect weapons, although others have blamed pro-Gaddafi forces for the incident.
The deaths take to almost 30 the number of people killed in Libya on Friday.