Nine missing after IS Libya attack
Nine foreign workers are unaccounted for after Islamic State fighters attacked an oilfield in Libya, reports say.
Several security personnel were killed in Friday afternoon's attack at the site in Al Ghani, south of Sirte, a n Austrian Foreign Ministry official says.
Security teams retook the site but nine foreign workers are unaccounted for including one Austrian, one Czech and the seven others, who are non-EU citizens.
No demands have been made by any group or individual for their return.
The Czech Foreign Ministry confirmed that a Czech national was missing after the attack. It said one of its officials would fly to the region as soon as possible, while Austrian officials said Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz was conferring with high-ranking interior and defence ministry officials as well as the Austrian Embassy in Tunisia, which was overseeing Libyan affairs.
One of the officials said the attack had been on a site run by VAOS, an Austrian company that offers construction services to oil companies.