Palestinian militants have launched three more rockets into Israel but there were no casualties, officials say.
The rocket fire followed Israeli air strikes earlier on Friday that killed a Palestinian civilian and wounded two dozen others.
An Israeli military statement expressed "regret" for harm to bystanders but blamed Hamas for operating among civilians.
It said the civilians were harmed by the explosion of rockets stored at the targeted sites.
Gaza's Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh condemned what he called an "unjustified and serious escalation by the Zionist enemy".
He says Egypt is helping mediate an end to the latest round of fighting.
On Thursday, Israeli air attacks killed two Gaza militants and touched off rocket fire from Gaza on southern Israel.