Police have arrested a soldier suspected of killing 11 people at a military barracks on the Cape Verde islands, according to the country's defence ministry.
Spokeswoman Edna Pinto said the suspect was arrested on Wednesday after a 24-hour manhunt. She gave no other details.
State broadcaster Radio Cabo Verde said the suspect was captured in the Paiol neighbourhood of Praia, the capital of the former Portuguese colony.
The broadcaster and other local media identified the suspect as 22-year-old Manuel Antonio Silva Ribeiro.
The government previously said a disgruntled soldier who had gone missing was suspected of gunning down eight soldiers and three civilians, including two Spaniards, on Tuesday.
It said in a statement that "personal motives" inspired the attack, ruling out an attempted coup or any connection with violence associated with drug trafficking that has recently plagued the archipelago.
The bodies were at a morgue in Praia for autopsies, Radio Cabo Verde said.
The government decreed two days of national mourning from Wednesday, when national flags will fly at half-mast.
The Cape Verde archipelago, some 600 kilometres (370 miles) off Senegal, is made up of 10 islands. Around 500,000 people live there.