PMG reopens for applications
Stormont Executive press release - Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Agriculture and Rural Development Minister Michelle O’Neill has announced a further call for applications to the Processing and Marketing Grant (PMG) Scheme.
The PMG Scheme is an important part of the Rural Development Programme (RDP) 2007-2013 and provides capital grant assistance to local agri food processing businesses.
This is the final call for applications under the current RDP as the Programme is due to close on 31 March 2015.
Making her announcement, the Minister said: “This popular Scheme is all about helping to develop and improve the economic performance of the agri-food processing sector. Since opening in December 2007 the Scheme has awarded support of £18.6million to 88 agri-food processing businesses across the north. Taking into account a private sector contribution of 60% this equates to a total investment of around £46.5million. It is clear that over the years the Scheme has greatly assisted both the sector and economy.”
The Minister is keen to encourage small processors to take part in the Scheme and in recent years DARD has made a number of administrative changes to help simplify the application and assessment process, for example, there is no longer a requirement to submit a business plan for projects seeking under £50,000 grant.
The Minister added: “To make best use of the limited budget and timeframe to closure of the Scheme, grants of up to £250,000 per approved project are available for the purchase of plant and equipment and/ or minor building alterations. I hope all in the agriculture, horticulture and forestry processing sectors will welcome this final opportunity under the current Programme to avail of financial support.”
The closing date for applications is Friday 20 September 2013. Further information and an application form can be obtained from http://www.dardni.gov.uk/processing-and-marketing.htm ,or by telephoning Rural Development Division on 028 9052 4219 or 028 9052 4871. Alternatively, you can request an application form by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to editors:
1. The PMG Scheme is funded under Measure 1.2 of the Rural Development Programme 2007 – 2013 and has a Measure allocation of £21.5million (50% National and 50% EU).
2. The Scheme will close on 31 March 2015; all projects must be completed by this date.
3. The Scheme is open to sole traders through to intermediate sized enterprises (750 employees) involved in the processing of primary agricultural products. Grant is awarded on a competitive basis and the maximum grant rate is 40%.
4. DARD continues to work with Invest NI in the promotion and delivery of the PMG Scheme.
5. Since opening in December 2007 DARD has approved funding of £18.6million to 88 projects. This equates to a total capital investment of approximately £46.5million (grant of £18.6million represents a contribution of 40% towards eligible costs).
6. Under this call for applications financial support, up to £250,000, is available for the purchase of plant and equipment and / or eligible costs for reconfiguration works to factory layout and / or building alterations.
Belfast Telegraph Digital