Beat the back to school blues: Travel tips for your next family trip to Orlando
Orlando, Florida is home to some of the best amusement parks and attractions in the world, but with so much to do in one place, it can be overwhelming for families who are trying to fit everything in.
Thankfully, American Holidays have provided us with some of their best hints and tips if you are planning a family visit to Orlando.
- Plan ahead and research the parks, download opening times and parade schedules and know in advance what rides your kids can and can’t go on, this will save time and hassle.
- Find videos of rides online, watch these with the kids so they get a feel for what rides they are dying to try.
- If there is a particular show or parade in Walt Disney World Resort that you want to see, arrive early to secure a good spot.
- Rides and water slides do not allow you to carry a bag, so wear a money belt to hold your essentials.
- Multi-Day tickets are much better value than single day tickets.
- Use the FastPass+ system at the Walt Disney World parks to result in minimal queuing.
International Drive is one of Orlando’s most popular and vibrant streets and the perfect place to spend the day.
- Use the I Ride Trolley instead of driving, One way fares are a steal at $2pp.
- Stop at WonderWorks, billing itself as an "amusement park for the mind", which is guaranteed to put a smile on any face.
- Visit the I-Drive 360 complex and take in the 400 foot observation tower - The Orlando Eye.
- Fun Spot America - Home to Orlando's only wooden roller coaster, offering free parking and no obligatory admission fee - you'll love the shorter lines.
- Dinner time can still be fun, eat and be entertained with dinner shows like Medieval Times and Pirate’s Dinner Adventure.
- Tables in these restaurants are in high demand, so make reservations as soon as possible.
- Gator's Dockside - At Gator's, Tuesday night is family night, when they turn up the fun with clowns, balloons and special giveaways.
- Cocoa Beach is a fantastic beach for families. One of the beaches that Orlandoans consider theirs.
- Have lunch by the Pier, let the kids take a surf lesson or simply spend the day enjoying the sun.
- Clearwater Beach, where the sand is powdery white and the sunsets are dazzling.
- Daytona Beach - Just as famous for its NASCAR speedway as its seashore. You can even drive your car right onto the beach.
Your holiday to Orlando will be one that you never forget, so make those memories last by taking lots of pictures and videos. You will want to re-live your experience again and again.
With American Holidays you can combine the best parts of Orlando in one holiday, and customise any of their itineraries to suit your dates and budget.
Fly direct from Belfast from as little as £519pp, or treat the family to an Orlando stay followed by a luxurious and fun filled family cruise from £1665pp.
Thinking of travelling to Orlando with the family and want to find out more? To contact American Holidays today, call 028 9099 7774, pop into their shop at 22 Lombard Street or visit www.americanholidays.com and let them help you create your perfect holiday, you won’t regret it.