Delicious date night ideas with Lidl's Deluxe Range
The night's are getting longer, and with that possibly the motivation to venture out on the town for date night with your other half.
But who's to say date night can't be celebrated at home with just as much effort, and definitely less expense?
Lidl's Deluxe Range offer a huge variety of quality food items that are both delicious and perfect for that romantic evening indoors, so have a look at some delicious ideas from the new selection.
1. Warm Duck Salad with Beetroot and Pomegranate
- 1 pomegranate, halved
- 1 tbsp Linseed oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp pomegranate
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- sprinkle of salt
- Lidl Deluxe range garlic and pepper duck breasts
- 50g walnuts
- mixed leaves
- Lidl Deluxe range goats or feta cheese
- 100g green beans
- 3 tbsp salad dressing
- Scrape one pomegranate into a bowl.
- For the salad dressing, mix together linseed oil, Balsamic vinegar, whole grain mustard, pomegranate, 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Place garlic and pepper duck breasts into a cold pan over a high heat and turn occasionally until cooked.
- Place duck to the side and add walnuts to heated pan.
- For the salad, mix together leaves, goats or feta cheese, green beans and drizzle with salad dressing.
- Slice duck breasts and place on prepared salad with beetroot and walnuts
- Add orange to serve.
2. Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Linguine with Lemon Cream
- 300g linguine
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 10-12 asparagus spears
- 150ml cream
- 95g pack of Lidl Deluxe Irish Organic smoked salmon
- 1 lemon
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- black pepper
- Add linguine to boiling water and simmer until cooked.
- Add to separate heated pan olive oil, asparagus spears, cream.
- Remove from heat and add linguine.
- Add salmon, zest of one lemon, spring onions, lemon juice, black pepper and salt
3. Roasted Butternut Squash and Chorizo with Blue Cheese and Brown Sugar Dressing
- olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- chopped onion
- 8 springs of fresh thyme
- 170g chopped chorizo
- 4 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 90g roasted pecan pieces
- 170 g crumbled Tipperary blue cheese
- 4 thin slices of Cooleeney camembert
- For roasted butternut squash, add to heated pan 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil , butternut squash, chopped onion, and springs of fresh thyme.
- Cook chopped chorizo separately.
- For the brown sugar dressing, add to heated pan 4 tbsp olive oil, dark brown sugar, finely chopped shallots, balsamic vinegar and mustard.
- Mix brown sugar dressing together with roasted butternut squash and chorizo.
- Add roasted pecan pieces.
- Top with crumbled Tipperary blue cheese and Cooleeney camembert.
For more information on Lidl's Deluxe range and maybe some inspirational food ideas for this Christmas season, visit www.lidl-ni.co.uk/deluxe.