Carl Frampton still contracted to Barry McGuigan after public split
The British Boxing Board of Control has confirmed it still holds an official contract between Carl Frampton and Barry McGuigan.
Frampton announced via Twitter last month that he had parted ways with McGuigan's management company Cyclone Promotions.
"Having taken time to consider my future and discussed it with those closest to me, I am confident that now is the right time to move forward and take my career into my own hands," he said.
Writing in his Sunday Life column last weekend, Frampton discussed that his new manager would have to deliver a Windsor Park bout for the boxer.
But now it seems the process to appointing a new manager still has some steps to go through as a spokesman for the Board told the BBC that any dispute between the two parties involved in the contract must be brought before the board before any legal proceedings were to occur.
It is as yet unclear whether the contract must be brought to a mutual termination before Frampton can take part in another fight.
Frampton had resigned as a Director of Cyclone Promotions before his proposed July fight with Andres Gutierrez. That bout would not go ahead after Gutierrez sustained facial injuries the day before the scheduled date.
Last week, Frampton announced that he has appointed Jamie Moore as his new coach, having also parted ways with former trainer Shane McGuigan, son of Barry.
Eddie Hearn has been vocal in his desire to sign Frampton, while Frank Warren and Al Haymon are also reported to be in the running to take over from Barry McGuigan.
"He's a box office star - I can offer him Windsor Park fights, Leo Santa Cruz in Belfast," said Hearn.
"I don't know if he likes me but we don't have to be friends. I can give him big fights and buckets loads of money as well."
Belfast Telegraph Digital