He has Anthony Joshua's number: Frank Warren doubts former champ could regain title in Ruiz jnr rematch
Tyson Fury's promoter Frank Warren has questioned rival Anthony Joshua's ability to regain his place among the world's leading heavyweight boxers.
Warren urged the Londoner not to take a rematch with Andy Ruiz jnr, who defeated him in New York earlier this month as a late replacement following Jarrell Miller's positive drug test.
"I have doubts," said Warren. "I don't think he should take the rematch. Maybe he should take time out and regroup. That's his decision. But he'll be fighting a guy who will have more than five weeks' notice and go into a proper training camp.
"He's got fast hands and I believe he's got Joshua's number. He's taken Joshua's best shot and he knows he has the punching power to do damage to Anthony Joshua."
Warren said he did not know who Fury will fight next, but that it would be someone "in the top five" - adding that he expects the British boxer to have a rematch with American Deontay Wilder early next year.
Fury said after his second-round stoppage of Germany's Tom Schwarz in Las Vegas on Saturday night that dates of September 21 or October 5 had been agreed in principle.
"We'll see who's available and work on that and make it happen," added Warren.