Pacquiao pours cold water over Khan talk after historic triumph
Manny Pacquiao appeared to rule out a possible showdown with Amir Khan in November after winning his WBA welterweight title showdown with Keith Thurman in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao (40) became the oldest ever welterweight champion by defeating Thurman in a split decision at the MGM Grand.
Khan claimed earlier in the week that he and Pacquiao had signed up for a fight in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on November 8.
But after clinching the 62nd win of his 71-fight professional career against previously unbeaten American Thurman, Pacquiao said he did not expect to step back into the ring again this year.
Pacquiao, who defeated Adrien Broner in January and has not fought three times in the same year since 2008, is a senator in the Philippines.
"I think my next fight will probably be next year because I am busy this year," Pacquiao said in his post-fight ring interview.
"I am going back to the Philippines to work in the Senate."
Pacquiao said he planned to be ringside for the welterweight world unification fight between Errol Spence Jr and Shawn Porter in Los Angeles in September.
Britain's two-time world king Khan bounced back from defeat to Terence Crawford by winning the WBC international welterweight title after stopping Billy Dib in Jeddah last week.
Khan then said: "The next fight is going to be back in Saudi Arabia, it is going to be in Riyadh this time and it is going to be on November 8. Hopefully it could be the Manny Pacquiao fight, we have both signed and the fight is done and hopefully he gets past his fight then we go and do that."
Pacquiao knocked down Thurman in the opening round but ended up having to go the distance before overcoming the reigning WBA super champion.
Two judges scored the fight 115-112 in favour of the eight-division world champion, with the other finding in favour of American Thurman, 114-113.