Wilder camp not answering calls on Joshua mega fight, says Hearn
Eddie Hearn has bemoaned how Deontay Wilder's team will not even respond to his efforts to negotiate a mega fight with Anthony Joshua.
The American, who holds the WBC world heavyweight title, drew against Tyson Fury last year, with AJ holding the WBA Super, WBO and IBF straps.
But as Joshua's date at Wembley on April 13 approaches, Hearn is still without an opponent and insists the prospect of the Bronze Bomber stepping up are remote.
"We can't get any response at all from their team. In the last four or five weeks, I've sent five or six emails to Shelly Finkel (Wilder's promoter)," Hearn said. "They won't even have the decency to come back.
"I think they've made their mind up - they don't want to fight Anthony Joshua. It's frustrating because I think we're in a place where it's a really great deal.
"Wilder has always said 'one face, one name, one champion', but the deal we've offered is more than a fair split for Wilder. And it's two fights - one in the UK and one in the US.
"But he's not even entertaining that fight. Wilder won't even answer the phone, so that's well out the window."
Dillian Whyte was excpected to be the fall-back should negotiations fail with Wilder, but the British contender has slammed a "ridiculous" offer for a rematch against his domestic rival.
"It is a ridiculous offer, they're not serious about the fight. It's ridiculous," Whyte said.
"It's silly; I'm a pay-per-view fighter, I've built myself up. It's not like I'm a journeyman."
Meanwhile, Joe Joyce will face his most significant test when he fights former world heavyweight champion Bermane Stiverne on the undercard of James DeGale's February 23 grudge match with Chris Eubank Jnr.
The 2016 Olympic silver medallist, 33, has won each of his seven fights inside the distance, but in the 40-year-old Stiverne has been matched with an opponent who fought for a world heavyweight title as recently as November 2017.