'Furious' Bale is omitted from Real squad for trip to Germany
Gareth Bale has not travelled with Real Madrid to a pre-season tournament in Germany after his proposed move to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning fell through.
Real will play Bale's former club Tottenham at the Audi Cup today, with hosts Bayern Munich and Turkish side Fenerbahce also involved in the tournament.
The Spanish giants said on the club website yesterday that Bale had not trained outside with the main group, and worked inside instead with injured team-mate Luka Jovic.
Real later announced their Germany-bound squad and Bale's name was missing from the 24-player list.
Bale has three years left on his contract, but manager Zinedine Zidane has made it clear he is not the 30-year-old's biggest fan and said last week the player's exit would be "best for everyone".
The Wales forward had been expected to sign a three-year deal at Jiangsu Suning worth a reported £1m-a-week, but the move collapsed on Sunday amid reports that Real president Florentino Perez blocked the deal.
Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett dismissed reports in the Spanish media that the player's family stopped the deal, saying his family were ready to leave Madrid.
It is understood that Bale - who joined Real in 2013 for a then world record £85m deal - is furious with his treatment at the hands of Zidane and Perez and felt he was not in the right frame of mind to play in Munich.
On Sunday, Barnett told French publication Le Journal du Dimanche: "It's simple, Zidane doesn't like Gareth. There's no relationship between them. There never has been."
Barnett has ruled out a loan for Bale, who has won four Champions League winners' medals at the Bernabeu, and said any transfer would be done in the interests of the Welshman.
Bale now reportedly has two options - find a new Chinese club willing to pay a transfer fee, as well as sky-high wages, or seek a return to the Premier League, meaning a pay cut. The Chinese window closes tomorrow.