| 9.6°C Belfast

Ballinamallard fight all the way to seal vital point

Coleraine 1 Ballinamallard United 1: Ten-man Ballinamallard United frustrated Coleraine to stretch their unbeaten run against Oran Kearney's men to six games.

United manager Whitey Anderson observed the second half from the grandstand as his side refused to go under at the gale-lashed Showgrounds.

Anderson was sent off at half-time for his protest with referee Ian McNabb over the dismissal of defender Craig Hill.

United led through Ryan Campbell's 39th minute goal when Hill was red-carded but defender Howard Beverland produced his first goal since October 2011 to level seconds ahead of the interval.

In difficult conditions, the Bannsiders dominated the first half.

Even so, United's Craig Hill found the net from David Kee's left foot free kick 10 minutes before half-time. However, the effort was ruled out for an offside.

The visitors made the breakthrough on 39 minutes. Ryan Campbell and Liam Martin carved a way through the home defence and Campbell steered home.

Anderson was furious when the referee showed defender Hill a red card just before the break for a challenge. Hill had earlier been booked for a clash with John Watt.

Coleraine were back on level terms just seconds later. David McDaid's free kick was blocked and Harkin's sliced connection was heading wide until Beverland got a touch to guide the ball into the net and record his first goal in over two years.

The Bannsiders gave it their all, but couldn't breach the Mallards defence again.

Coleraine: Ferry, Beverland, Douglas, Ogilby, McIlmoyle, Watt (Owens, 61 mins), Harkin, Lowry, McDaid, Bradley, Browne. Subs. Shannon, Jennings, Mullan, Grissam.

Ballinamallard United: Rouse, Keohane, Stafford, Kee, Hutchinson (Crawford, 69mins), Currie, N. Beacom, Campbell (Cashel, 83mins), Courtney (McMenamin, 46mins), Martin, Hill. Subs. Leckey, C. Beacom.

Referee: Ian McNabb (Carrickfergus).

e ARDS' home Premiership match against Glentoran on Saturday, February 15 will have a 5.30pm kick-off at Clandeboye Park.

Belfast Telegraph