I can't wait to get started at Linfield says new boy Shayne Lavery
Linfield new boy Shayne Lavery says he's relishing the challenge of lighting up the Danske Bank Premiership.
The Northern Ireland Under-21 international has agreed a one-year contract after leaving Everton.
The 20-year-old striker will join the Blues before the start of their Champions League qualifying campaign.
"I'm absolutely delighted to have got this deal agreed to sign for Linfield," said Lavery.
"I know the manager (David Healy) and Ross (Oliver, assistant) very well and they have made me feel welcome and wanted. I just can't wait to get started once I return here from international duty.
"I have been impressed with the overall set-up at the club and all the manager's plans for the club going forward.
"I also know Joel Cooper well and this really does feel like the right move for me at this stage of my career.
Please log in or register with belfasttelegraph.co.uk for free access to this article.
"I have had a taste of European football with Everton and at international level and I'm really looking forward to being involved in the club's upcoming Champions League campaign."
Lavery, who has one senior international cap, joined Everton in 2015 but spent the past four months on loan with Falkirk in Scotland.
A former Glenavon under-age player, he made his full international debut against Panama last year.
He will link up with Linfield after joining his Under-21 team-mates for a game against England next week.
Linfield boss David Healy said he was thrilled to land Lavery, who spent the past four months on loan with Falkirk in Scotland.
“I’m very enthusiastic about young Shayne joining us,” said Healy. “I’ve known him for some time and know what an exciting and promising talent he is. He’s played at various under-age international levels and made his senior international debut exactly a year ago.
“He will certainly increase the competition levels within our squad and I’m really looking forward to working with him again when he joins us for our Champions League preparations.
“He’s a quality signing who I believe will fit in well with our squad and I know our supporters will make him feel welcome.”
Linfield will be among the unseeded teams for the draw for the first qualifying round of the Champions League, which takes place on June 18.
Meanwhile, Danske Bank Premiership new boys Larne are closing in on former Ballymena United striker Johnny McMurray and former Arsenal midfielder Mark Randall. It was also confirmed yesterday that ex-Linfield ace Michael Carvill will be leaving Crusaders.
In the Championship, Portadown have announced the arrival of former Cliftonville, Warrenpoint Town and Northern Ireland Under-17 international Conall McGrandles, former Linfield and Oldham Athletic player Brendan Glackin, ex-Banbridge Town and Newry City AFC midfielder Stephen Teggart and former Linfield and Cliftonville player Christopher Crane.
And Uefa have cleared Ballymena Showgrounds as Ballymena United’s ground for the Europa League.