Belfast Telegraph

World Cup 2018

Fixtures & Results

Denmark DNK 1

Australia AUS 1


France FRA 1

Peru PER 0


Argentina ARG 0

Croatia CRO 3


Brazil BRA 2

Costa Rica CRI 0


Nigeria NGA 2

Iceland ISL 0


Serbia SRB 1

Switzerland SUI 2


Belgium BEL 5

Tunisia TUN 2


South Korea KOR 1

Mexico MEX 2


Germany GER 0

Sweden SWE 0


England ENG

Panama PAN

Japan JPN

Senegal SEN

Poland POL

Colombia COL

Saudi Arabia SAU

Egypt EGY

Uruguay URY

Russia RUS

Spain ESP

Morocco MAR

Iran IRN

Portugal POR

Denmark DNK

France FRA

Australia AUS

Peru PER

Iceland ISL

Croatia CRO

Nigeria NGA

Argentina ARG

Mexico MEX

Sweden SWE

South Korea KOR

Germany GER

Switzerland SUI

Costa Rica CRI

Serbia SRB

Brazil BRA

Senegal SEN

Colombia COL

Japan JPN

Poland POL

Panama PAN

Tunisia TUN

England ENG

Belgium BEL

Home Sport Football

Liverpool and Roma charged by UEFA

The case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on May 31.

Liverpool and Roma have been charged by UEFA following crowd disturbances at the Champions League semi-final first leg between the teams at Anfield.

The English Premier League side have also been charged over the throwing of objects and setting off of fireworks.

The case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on May 31.

UEFA said both clubs have been charged under Article 16 (2) of the governing body’s disciplinary regulations. The crowd disturbances charge covers no specific incident.

Liverpool fan Sean Cox remains in a critical condition after being attacked before the Champions League first leg tie on April 24.

Cox, a 53-year-old businessman from Dunboyne in Ireland, suffered serious head injuries in an incident outside Anfield and is being treated at the Walton Neurological Centre.

Fighting erupted near The Albert pub, close to the ground, shortly before kick-off, where it is believed Cox, attending the match with his brother, was hit with a belt and fell to the ground at 7.08pm.

Two Italian men have been remanded in custody after appearing in court charged in connection with the incident. The case was sent to Liverpool Crown Court, where both men will appear on May 24.

Police investigating the attack are appealing for CCTV and camera phone footage.

Liverpool won the first leg 5-2 and went on to secure a place in Saturday’s Champions League final despite losing the second leg in Rome 4-2, as the Reds progressed 7-6 on aggregate.

Following the match at the Stadio Olimpico, which saw increased security measures for visiting supporters, the Liverpool team posed on the pitch with a banner reading “Sean Cox – You’ll Never Walk Alone”.

Daily News Headlines Newsletter

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox.


From Belfast Telegraph