'Business as usual' for Dalglish
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish insists it is business as usual in terms of his dialogue with principal owner John Henry and Fenway Sports Group despite the club's recent slump.
The Reds have lost six of their last seven league matches in a worrying run which has brought just two wins since the turn of the year, and reports earlier this week suggested Dalglish would be asked to file a detailed report to FSG on his assessment of the season.
But the Scot said there was nothing out of the ordinary in that, adding: "Even when you are at school you get a report - but we don't tell everyone. Nothing has changed but we take what measures we can to keep them updated on their football club."
He added that was also the case in regards to their regular contact with the America-based owners, saying: "There is communication every week after every game so nothing has changed.
"The people who own the football club talk to us regularly and the conversations we've had are on the same basis as what we've had with them before."
Another defeat at Newcastle at the weekend compounded their recent misery, with goalkeeper Jose Reina getting sent off and £35million striker Andy Carroll marching straight down the tunnel having been substituted against his former club.
Dalglish said both reflected the effect recent results were having on players, but he stressed they had already moved on.
"There was Pepe getting sent off and Andy coming off and both were frustrated but that was dealt with and done and dusted on Sunday," he added.
"Anything that had to be done was done there and then so it doesn't fester for anyone.
"I don't know how other people (outside the club) have reacted but we have reacted properly, promptly and correctly."