Chris Hughton has warned Brighton they cannot afford to be cocksure following last week's victory at West Ham as he looked ahead to their fixture with Southampton.
The newly-promoted Seagulls delivered a stunning blow to Slaven Bilic's beleaguered side by walking away from the London Stadium with a 3-0 win, their first Premier League away triumph.
The result left Bilic facing the prospect of the sack but the pressure on him was alleviated after the Hammers battled back from a 2-0 deficit to beat London rivals Tottenham 3-2 in the Carabao Cup.
Hughton, therefore, is refusing to take anything for granted in the top flight and has urged his men not to let their performance levels drop ahead of a showdown with south coast rivals Southampton on Sunday afternoon.
The Brighton manager told the club's official website: "There's always that danger (of over-confidence), but it's my responsibility, and the responsibility of the people around me, to make sure we're level-headed going into every game.
"What we've learned so far in this division is that if your level of performance is like it was at West Ham last Friday, you have every chance of winning a game.
"But if they had scored early in the game, then it could have been completely different. I know the teams were completely changed, but we saw in West Ham's midweek game [against Tottenham], it looked over and, of course, it wasn't.
"It's my responsibility to make sure we're grounded and going into every game knowing that we have to work very hard to get a result."
Hughton has a near fully fit squad to choose from, with Steve Sidwell the only absentee as the midfielder continues his recovery from a back injury.
Fellow midfielder Beram Kayal and forward Sam Baldock could be included in the matchday squad for the first time this season after their recoveries from a broken leg and calf surgery respectively.
Both players have turned out for the under-23 side but Hughton is wary of rushing the pair back into action.
He said: "Both of them have played in the last two under-23 games, but they wouldn't have had the training and build-up that the others have had.
"They looked good in the games and have worked very hard on their rehab programmes."
Striker Tomer Hemed is in contention to return to the starting line-up after completing a three-game suspension for violent conduct, and Hughton added: "It's a big boost, he was in very good form before the ban, so it's great to have him back."