Dalglish counts on FSG support
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is confident owners Fenway Sports Group will continue to back him in the transfer market if he feels the need to strengthen in January.
The Americans have already spent around £70million since their purchase of the club just over a year ago and Dalglish is confident FSG will carry on providing funds in the next window should it be necessary.
"We are happy about the strength of the squad we have got," said the Scot. "The more players I have to choose from the more difficult my job is but the better it is for everyone. We have a fit squad at the moment but I am sure that won't last too long. There is a window coming up in January and if we feel the need to use it I am sure we will get full support (from the owners)."
The Reds host Norwich on Saturday looking to extend their unbeaten home record this season. Paul Lambert's side returned to the top flight this season and have made a decent start.
Dalglish anticipates his team, who drew 1-1 with Manchester United at home last weekend, will be in for another tough test.
"I don't know what other people expect but I know what we do," said the Reds boss. "We expect as difficult a game against Norwich as Manchester United gave us last week.
"Paul Lambert has done a fantastic job there. They are sitting there pretty comfortable in the league in ninth position.
"They went to Old Trafford and played very well [2-0 defeat three weeks ago]. I'm sure they will be looking forward to coming here and doing equally well.
"They've done brilliantly. The players and personnel may be new but for us it's straight forward. We'll give them every bit as much respect as we did against Manchester United or Everton the week before.
"We will never be disrespectful and underestimate the opposition. That includes Norwich and anyone else that we have to play. I know Paul from my time at Celtic and I have huge respect for him as a footballer and also as a manager."