Dalglish: No late signings
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has stressed there will be no transfers in or out the club before the window closes.
Despite the Reds being linked with a host of players over the last few weeks the Scot, who had previously intimated he did not expect much activity, said there was no business being done.
Reports emerged over the weekend that Manchester City had turned down the offer of a swap deal between Carlos Tevez and Andy Carroll but Dalglish would not comment on that speculation. "There is no-one going in or out of the club before the transfer window [closes]," he said.
"There is nothing happening here. I don't read the papers so I don't know [about speculation].
"We have covered what we have to say. We don't need to justify what people are speculating about do we."
Dalglish said the only activity taking place was the on-going recruitment of young players, with Wrexham teenage goalkeeper Danny Ward later completing his move into Liverpool's youth set-up.
The Wales Under-19 international reportedly underwent a medical on Sunday and joins for a fee in the region of £100,000 with further payments possible should the 18-year-old make the grade.
Dalglish confirmed as much when re-iterated his statement that there would be no additions to the senior squad, adding: "apart from a young goalkeeper from Wrexham and that is the academy. Here at Melwood there will be no-one moving in or out."
Liverpool confirmed the signing of Ward on Monday evening.
"Danny Ward joins the Reds from Wrexham, the club he signed for as a 14-year-old, and will be based with the reserve squad at the academy," said a statement on liverpoolfc.tv.