Ferdinand considering statement
Anton Ferdinand is considering releasing a statement giving his account of the clash with John Terry that led to an Football Association racism investigation into the Chelsea and England captain.
On Tuesday, the FA announced that they had launched an investigation into allegations that Chelsea skipper Terry racially abused QPR defender Ferdinand during last Sunday's west London derby at Loftus Road.
Terry denied the allegations in a statement in which he claimed there had been a misunderstanding and he was responding to a perceived accusation from Ferdinand that he had used a racist slur. The statement read: "I thought Anton was accusing me of using a racist slur against him. I responded aggressively, saying that I never used that term."
It continued: "I would never say such a thing and I'm saddened that people would think so. I have known Anton for a long time and spoke to him about it after the game and there was no problem between us."
It is understood Ferdinand does not recall any exchange with Terry in which he accused the England captain of racially abusing him.
Rangers boss Neil Warnock confirmed on Friday Ferdinand had spoken to the FA.
QPR are remaining tight-lipped about the situation, though owner Tony Fernandes has reiterated that the club fully supported their player.
Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas has also said the Chelsea players are behind Terry. He said: "All of the players have been quiet about it because we know what happened. Nothing happened, so there is nothing to discuss."
Both players endured tough afternoons as they returned to action this weekend.
Terry scored but slipped in the run-up to Arsenal's fourth goal as Chelsea lost 5-3 at Stamford Bridge. Ferdinand, meanwhile, was in the QPR team which was overwhelmed in a 3-1 defeat by Tottenham at White Hart Lane.