Belfast Telegraph

Liverpool to bring back TWO former Reds while Manchester United target Real Madrid star: transfer rumours

 

Liverpool could be set to bring back two former players, acording to the latest transfer rumours.

Sportsmole report that the Reds are now favourites to sign Barcelona defender JAVIER MASCHERANO. The 33 year-old has lost his place in Barca's regular starting line-up, having started just five La Liga games and one Champions League fixture so far this season.

And Liverpool could be set to bring him back on a free transfer. Sportsmole report that Barca are ready to let him go for nothing to ease their wage bill, despite his contract running until 2019. Mascherano played for Liverpool between 2007 and 2010.

Meanwhile, AC Milan's SUSO is one player Jurgen Klopp is considering, should Philippe Coutinho move to Barcelona. Soccerisma report that the Spanish playmaker has a release clause of €40million and their sources claim that Liverpool scouts watched on as Suso scored to help Milan to a 2-0 win over Sassuolo last week. Suso, 23, left Anfield in 2015 after only 14 league appearances.

It's been a busy week for Liverpool transfer rumours. On Monday, claims surfaced that the club are set to add to their panel in January. Liverpool are reported to have agreed a New Year move for Schalke attacker LEON GORETZKA. Spanish media outlet Don Balon have reported that the Reds have beaten competition from Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal to sign the German player who has netted four goals in nine Bundesliga appearances so far this season. Goretzka is rumoured by Sportsmole to have turned down an approach from Barcelona, having been unimpressed by their contract offer.

Manchester United could break their own transfer record by signing Real Madrid star MARCO ASENCIO in a £177 million deal, the Daily Mail reports. The 21-year-old is said to have caught the eye of Jose Mourinho, with suggestions he could be paid £461,000 a week to make the move. The current transfer fee record for United was set by the signing of Paul Pogba for £89m in 2016.

Atletico Madrid contacted MESUT OZIL and offered the Arsenal star a return to Spain next summer, the Sun reports. Atletico boss Diego Simeone is looking to offer the Germany international - a former Real Madrid player - a deal of around £200,000 a week, with a huge signing-on fee as free agent at the end of the season, the paper says.

West Brom have revived their interest in Fenerbahce midfielder JOSEF DE SOUZA, the Daily Mail says. Albion had offered £10.6million for the 28-year-old Brazilian in the summer, but the deal stalled. The paper claims De Souza could still be a target for Tony Pulis, who is under pressure following a disappointing start to the season.

Real Madrid have lost patience with injury-prone GARETH BALE, according to reports in Spain. Newspaper AS reports the European champions are looking to replace him next season, with Kylian Mbappe top of their wish list.

Northern Ireland manager MICHAEL O'NEILL is reportedly being eyed up for the vacant Scotland manager's job, as well as the top job at Rangers. Following the disappointment of Northern Ireland missing out on next summer's World Cup, the Telegraph claims that O'Neill has apparently sparked interest among both sides.

Watford have told Everton they will not entertain any approach for manager MARCO SILVA, according to the Mirror. The paper says the Toffees made contact with Watford on Monday, but were told owner Gino Pozzo had no interest in considering any offer.

Social round-up

@TheSunFootball: Man United star will turn down transfer

@TheSunFootball: Does this Premier League star have what it takes to replace Alexis Sanchez at Arsenal?

Player to watch

Richarlison: Tottenham are keeping a close eye on the Watford starlet, according to the Mirror. The 20-year-old Brazilian has been one of the standout stars since moving to Vicarage Road in the summer. The paper says Spurs scouts have been regulars at Watford games this season.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph