Liverpool want world class duo in summer while Manchester United eye former City star: Premier League transfer rumours
Liverpool are set to add two new signings to their panel this summer according to the latest transfer rumours.
The first is out-of-contract PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot. The France World Cup winner, 23, was previously linked to Barcelona at the end of last season, although no move took place and the Catalan giants have since signed Frenkie de Jong. That leaves Tottenham, Arsenal and the Reds in the race for his signature, according to the Mirror. Rabiot has not played for PSG since December 11, having refused to sign a new contract.
Next up, Liverpool have begun a €70m bid to sign Napoli's Lorenzo Insigne. The 27-year-old has notched up eight Serie A goals in only eight appearances this season and also scored the winner in his side's Champions League victory over Jurgen Klopp's boys earlier this season. La Repubblica (via Sport Witness) have claimed that an offer has already been made by the Reds as they look to add to their attacking options.
Meanwhile, Manchester United are willing to spend up to £90m to bring former Manchester City player Jadon Sancho back to the city, according to the Metro. The 18-year-old has made waves for Borussia Dortmund this season, netting six goals in 20 Bundesliga appearances. He even made his senior England debut in October and went on to earn two more caps in November.
Thibaut Courtois is backing Chelsea’s Eden Hazard for a move to Real Madrid, The Mirror reports. The goalkeeper is said to be urging Bernabeu bosses to target his former team-mate amid speculation the Belgian is already in the running to replace Cristiano Ronaldo in Spain.
Leeds are lining up a move for former player Aaron Lennon, according to The Sun. The winger made his first appearance at Elland Road in 2003 and is currently at Premier League club Burnley. But his hometown club, who are battling to return to the top flight, already have eyes on him for the summer transfer window, the paper says.
After keeping West Brom at bay during deadline day, Stoke boss Nathan Jones could still have a fight on his hands to keep hold of forward Bojan, The Sun says. MLS side New England Revolution are reportedly looking to table a offer worth £50,000 a week, and could still pull off the deal with the US transfer window open until the start of May.
Bournemouth’s David Brooks looks to be in high demand, with both Tottenham and Manchester United said to be prepared to do battle for the 21-year-old. The Sun says the Welsh midfielder could command offers of £50million come the summer after impressing with six goals in 22 Premier League appearances.
Idrissa Gueye : The Everton midfielder’s apparent desire to move to Paris Saint Germain may have to be put on ice, the Mail reports, as the two clubs wrangle over the asking price. The Toffees are said to want close to £40million but PSG’s opening bid was only near half of that.