Belfast Telegraph

Nabil Fekir's agent says Liverpool move is still ON

Liverpool's bid to sign Nabil Fekir from Lyon is not over, according to the player's agent.

A £53million deal for the exciting attacker was almost complete last week with representatives from Anfield travelling over to France to complete a medical.

There were conflicting reports with a knee problem cited by some, while Lyon were angered with leaks as details from the deal emerged.

Lyon are a publicly listed company, and reports with financial details may have affected their share price.

Although there has been no indication from Liverpool of the nature of the late hitch, the circumstances are self-evident. The fact everything was agreed pending the outcome of the medical explains when complications arose.

There are confidentiality issues preventing details of medical examinations being made public, so there will be no confirmation from either side as to what caused the rethink.

But Fekir's agent, Jean-Pierre Bernes, says the deal will be reassessed after the World Cup.

"He didn't sign because, um... it is not over! This is not the end of the story," said Bernes on French TV channel LCI on Monday night.

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Daily News Headlines Newsletter

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph