Manchester United lead chase for Celtic stars as Liverpool look to three classy internationals: transfer rumours
Liverpool have been linked with a move for three international players while the Reds could be set to lose out in the chase for Celtic's two in-demand stars.
Manchester United are plotting a £50million double raid on the Glasgow club to sign MOUSSA DEMBELE and KIERAN TIERNEY amid widespread interest from rival clubs at home and abroad, the Mirror reports. Some 17 Premier League clubs, including Liverpool, were reportedly in Glasgow to watch the two youngsters play against Bayern Munich on Tuesday, although the Red Devils are said to be frontrunners.
Liverpool, meanwhile, are reportedly hoping for a boost in their chances of landing Dutch centre-half STEFAN DE VRIJ. The Lazio defender has just over six months remaining on his contract and has so far been unable to agree a new deal. According to Corriere dello Sport, talks are set for Friday with Liverpool and Juventus said to be keeping an eye on how those go, hoping to swoop if an agreement is not made.
Another player with a contract expiring next year is Schalke's LEON GORETZKA and the Mirror report that Liverpool are at the head of the queue to land the German international. Barcelona, Juventus and Bayern Munich are also thought to be interested, meaning the Reds have a fight on their hands if their interest in genuine.
Real Madrid goalkeeper KEYLOR NAVAS has been courted by Jurgen Klopp for a move to Liverpool, the Daily Mail reports. The Costa Rica international has reportedly been lined up to challenge Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius at Anfield after the pair failed to impress, while Real are still interested in Manchester United's David de Gea and AC Milan's Gianluigi Donnarumma.
Meanwhile, the race to succeed sacked Everton boss RONALD KOEMAN may see a winner before the weekend is out, according to reports. The Sun says the Toffees are prepared to pay Burnley the £2.5million release fee to secure the services of SEAN DYCHE, after his side's performance at Turf Moor impressed Everton owner Farhad Moshiri, and he may be at Goodison Park by Monday. Meanwhile the Daily Mail reports that SAM ALLARDYCE, who has publicly voiced interest in the role, remains a contender after Moshiri held talks with the former England manager's advisers on Thursday. The newspaper reports that the billionaire majority shareholder is also considering Dyche and Watford's MARCO SILVA, although Allardyce would be available immediately.
Chelsea boss ANTONIO CONTE can take solace that his job is not on the line despite the Blues' shock 3-0 defeat to Roma, the Daily Mirror reports. Conte has the backing of Stamford Bridge chiefs who accept that he has suffered a run of injuries and setbacks that have hampered the club's campaign, the newspaper says.
Arsenal remain keen on Napoli midfielder JORGINHO although they may have to wait until the summer to get him on board, the Sun reports. The 25-year-old Italy international, who scored a penalty against Manchester City on Wednesday, is under contract with the Italian side until 2020 - although the Gunners are reportedly unfazed by the prospect of having to pay a premium to take him on.
@DExpress_Sport: Man Utd news: Marouane Fellaini spotted in Istanbul sparks Besiktas rumours #MUFC
@Coral: PSG have reportedly made Mauricio Pochettino their number one target should Unai Emery leave at the end of the season.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
ANDREAS CHRISTENSEN: Inter Milan are interested in the Chelsea centre-back, 21, who made his debut for Denmark as a teenager, according to talkSPORT
CHARLY MUSONDA: Arsenal are planning to snap up the 21-year-old midfielder after his bid to join the Chelsea first team hit the skids, the Sun reports.
Belfast Telegraph Digital