Manchester United's chase for a central defender continues but could be coming to a close, according to the latest's rumours.
United, of course, have been strongly linked with Harry Maguire, Toby Alderweireld and Jerome Boateng but it seems that Barcelona's Yerry Mina could be the man coming in. It is understood the clubs are in talks over a potential £35m deal as the Colombian sat out training on Tuesday. Everton and Lyon are also thought to be interested.
Mina, of course, had been offered as part of Barca's bid to bring Paul Pogba to the Bernabeu. Pogba's agent Mino Raiola is reported to be lining up a move for the United midfielder, with Barcelona and Juventus among the destinations mentioned in dispatches.
Sky Sports report that United are preparing a world record bid for a defender as they haven't yet given up on signing Jose Mourinho's first choice defender Harry Maguire. The £75m Liverpool shelled out for Virgil Van Dijk is the current record but even a bid topping that fee may not be enough to convince Leicester to sell England's World Cup star.
Foxes boss Claude Puel says his club are determined to hold on to Maguire.
"Of course, it's very important," he told Sky Sports. "We discussed this with the owner because we wanted to keep good ambition. We lost Riyad Mahrez who was an important player for us. It's important to keep our players and to add some more good players to strengthen the team.
"For me it's a good thing for Leicester to keep our valubale players in the team. A player like Ndidi, Vardy all of these players are important for us. It's important to keep them for next season. I can understand there is some speculation because we have good players and they are interesting for some other teams. For the moment, we are happy to keep them and to start, I hope, a great season.
Meanwhile, Chelsea will bring in Real Madrid's Croatian midfield Mateo Kovacic on loan, according to the Metro. The 24-year-old started just 10 La Liga matches last season and is keen to move in search of more regular football. Sky Sports have reported that Los Blancos have offered Kovacic to Chelsea in order to persuade the Blues to sell goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.
He failed to report for training on Monday and Tuesday as doubts over his future at Stamford Bridge intensified. Courtois was absent from the Blues' Cobham training base despite being due to make his return from a summer break. The 26-year-old, who has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, was handed an extended holiday after finishing third at the World Cup with Belgium and has reportedly told new Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri he wants to leave.
Other rumours suggest United and Chelsea are both interested in signing a player who has long been linked with a move to Liverpool.
Nabil Fekir almost joined the Reds earlier this summer with medical complications causing the move to collapse. Now a report in French newspaper L'Equipe says that Fekir is attracting interest from both Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford and that either club could make an offer before the English transfer window closes at 5pm on Thursday. That rumour has been boosted by claims that Lyon have left the player out of their squad for tonight's friendly against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
Eden Hazard is also being linked with a move away from Chelsea but Willian insists he is happy at the club despite revealing Barcelona made an approach for his services.
"I'm a Chelsea player," Willian told ESPN Brasil. "I always made it clear that what I wanted was to stay in the club. The only club I knew that really made an official offer for me was Barcelona.
"But I have my head here and I intend to continue in the club unless the club wants to sell me. But my head is here in the club."
On what could be a frenetic final few days of the window at Stamford Bridge, Atletico Madrid's Jan Oblak and Jack Butland of Stoke are the two goalkeepers being touted as potential successors to Courtois.
Another goalkeeper on the move is Manchester City's Joe Hart. The former England number one has finalised a £3.5m move to Burnley today having undergone a medical and finalised negotiations. The 31-year-old has joined Turfmoor on a two-year deal.
Newcastle announced the season-long loan signing of striker Salomon Rondon from West Brom.
The club's official statement labelled the Venezuela international as Rafael Benitez's "number one transfer target" after he joined in a move which saw Dwight Gayle move the other way for the campaign.
Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce spoke about the future of supposed-Tottenham target Jack Grealish after seeing his side beat Hull 3-1 in the Championship.
Grealish impressed for Villa last season and could yet become Tottenham's first signing of the window before it shuts on Thursday.
The 22-year-old spent plenty of time applauding the travelling supporters as he was substituted late on at the KCOM Stadium but Bruce is keen to keep hold of the precocious midfielder.
Bruce told Sky Sports: "We will do our best to keep hold of him, but it is going to be difficult. We understand the human side. He will want to play in the Premier League, Europe, Champions League. The owner has made it clear that he wants him to stay. To be fair to Jack he has got on with it."
Villa had earlier announced the re-signing of Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe on a season-long loan, with Jose Mourinho still keen to add to his ranks at Old Trafford before the deadline.
Everton are reported to have won the race to sign Brazil international Bernard following interest from Inter Milan and West Ham, and it has also been suggested the Toffees have reached an agreement for Barcelona centre-back Yerry Mina.
BBC Sport reported later on Monday that Wolves, promoted as Championship winners last season, are close to breaking their transfer record to land Middlesbrough winger Adama Traore.
The decision to bring the deadline forward so that no new signings can be added after the Premier League season begins, plus the World Cup, means the final days of the window could be frantic.