Odemwingie signs new deal
West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie has ended speculation over his future by signing a new and improved contract to keep him at The Hawthorns until June 2014.
Albion boss Roy Hodgson confirmed on Thursday afternoon that the club had rejected a £4million bid for the 30-year-old from Wigan last weekend. Tottenham were also reportedly monitoring the situation, but the player has now penned a new three-year deal - much to the delight of Hodgson.
He said: "I'm obviously very pleased that Peter has pledged his future to West Bromwich Albion."
He added: "I always believed this would be the case and I am grateful to both him and the club for reaching an agreement.
"We can now look forward to benefiting once again from Peter's goalscoring prowess and seeing him play an important part in our campaign to stay in the Premier League for a second successive season."
Hodgson earlier spoke about the Latics' attempts to lure the player and said the bid had been "very easy" to reject.
He said: "I do not think we have concerned ourselves with any bids that have come in for him so far.
"A bid did come in from Wigan but it was way, way below our valuation of the player. I know it was a very easy one for us to turn down."
Odemwingie enjoyed a sparkling debut season in England last term, finishing as the Barclays Premier League's fifth highest scorer with 15 goals.
The former Lille forward, who cost Albion £2.5m from Lokomotiv Moscow last summer, had 12 months left on his previous deal while the club also held an additional one-year option on him.