Pep Guardiola continues to overhaul Manchester City squad
Manchester City's summer spending spree may not be over despite reaching the £200million-mark with the signing of left-back Benjamin Mendy from Monaco.
The 23-year-old became City's fifth major recruit of the summer on Monday in a deal understood to be worth in excess of £49million.
His arrival follows those of Bernardo Silva, Ederson, Kyle Walker and Danilo and City may not be finished there with reports continuing to link the club with further additions, most notably Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez.
Manager Pep Guardiola is overseeing an overhaul of the squad ahead of his second season in charge.
Aleksandar Kolarov last week followed Pablo Zabaleta, Bacary Sagna, Gael Clichy and Jesus Navas out of the club.
Mendy has been particularly impressed by the club's ambition to bring in top-level players.
The Frenchman said: "The technical leaders and the technical staff are very active in the transfer market, which means that Manchester City will have a strong and competitive team for the Premier League and the other competitions.
"I think I am the right person for the group. I am easily adaptable. I can bring a lot of creativity in the game. I can offer different solutions, I like to take play as full-back and provide assists for the strikers."
Mendy has signed a six-year contract with City. It was initially announced as a five-year deal but that detail was later amended.
Mendy has now joined up with City's squad in the United States, where they are now preparing for a second pre-season tour game against Real Madrid in Los Angeles on Wednesday.
He said: "I am very proud of joining Manchester City, this is what I wanted from the very beginning.
"As soon as the (French) championship was over, I talked to my family and it was all clear in my head, I wanted to join Manchester City. I'm really happy about it.
"Since I was a kid it was a dream to play in the Premier League and I will do everything I can to enjoy every minute of it."