Redknapp: Beckham deal a 'no-goer'
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted his plan to bring in former England captain David Beckham "looks like a no-goer".
Spurs were among a handful of Premier League clubs keen to recruit Beckham on loan from the Los Angeles Galaxy during the Major League Soccer close season.
But Redknapp told Sky Sports News ahead of Saturday's third round FA Cup tie at against Charlton: "I don't think it's going to happen, I think there are problems with the insurance."
He added: "David is welcome to come and train here for a month or so which I think he would like to do but it looks like, as far as playing goes, it looks like a no-goer.
"It couldn't happen so, not a problem, we'll just get on with it."
Redknapp said the deal had fallen through because of problems over an insurance fee, which the Galaxy demanded after he picked up an Achilles injury during his last spell on loan in Europe with AC Milan.
It will come as a blow to the 115-cap midfielder, who had been hoping to catch the eye of England boss Fabio Capello with a two-month loan spell at the Barclays Premier League side.
A statement released on the Spurs website at mid-day confirmed that Beckham would train with the club, rather than play, for a month.
"Tottenham Hotspur is delighted to announce that England's most capped outfield player, David Beckham will train with the first-team squad," the statement read.
"David will train with the Club until February 10 when he will be required to return to LA Galaxy ahead of the start of the MLS season."