Suarez hearing set for conclusion
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez's disciplinary hearing on a charge that he racially abused Manchester United defender Patrice Evra is due to end on Thursday.
Suarez has been charged with abusing Evra, and referring to his "ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race" by the Football Association. The charge followed a month-long investigation. The Uruguay striker strongly denied the accusation and Liverpool say they remain "fully supportive" of the 24-year-old.
Evra made the claims immediately after the match at Anfield on October 15, telling French TV station Canal Plus that Suarez had used a racist insult to him "at least 10 times". If Suarez is found guilty he could be banned or fined, or both.
It has been reported Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish will attend the hearing in person to defend Suarez but the Scot would not comment on the issue.
"We have said many times before we cannot say anything which will be prejudicial," he said.
"We are standing right beside him and helping him as much as we possibly can. After it's finished there is a chance to have a conversation.
"As I said last week the FA should have given you (the media) the information when everything was happening, not us."
Both players spoke to FA officials during the investigation and there have been suggestions that Suarez was unaware language that is acceptable in Uruguay is viewed as racist in Europe.
Suarez told Uruguayan media last month: "There is no evidence I said anything racist to him. I said nothing of the sort.
"There were two parts of the discussion - one in Spanish, one in English. I did not insult him. It was just a way of expressing myself. I called him something his team-mates at Manchester call him, and even they were surprised by his reaction."