Tevez set to learn fate next week
Carlos Tevez is expected to learn the outcome of his disciplinary hearing at Manchester City early next week.
Club officials confirmed the player was called in to answer charges relating to his conduct on the substitute's bench during last month's Champions League game at Bayern Munich.
Press Association Sport understands the 27-year-old was charged with failing to resume warming up when requested by manager Roberto Mancini and he will be informed of the adjudication in writing after the weekend.
Tevez was told he had a case to answer after the club launched an investigation into allegations by Mancini he refused to play as a substitute in the second half of the 2-0 defeat at the Allianz Arena.
Tevez, who was suspended for a fortnight during the inquiry, denied the allegation and blamed a misunderstanding. The Argentinian said he thought he was being asked to warm up again and he deemed that unnecessary as he had already done so.
That Tevez has not been charged for refusing to play suggests City were unable to find sufficient evidence to fully corroborate Mancini's claims, but he will still face sanctions if found guilty.
He would, however, be able to exercise his right to an appeal, which would be heard by a board of City directors. Should another ruling go against him at that stage, he could appeal again to the Premier League. That whole process could see the saga run into December.
Tevez has been training alone since returning from suspension and there is little prospect of a first-team recall for Sunday's eagerly-anticipated derby clash against Manchester United in the Barclays Premier League.
Mancini was again unable to answer questions about the situation at his regular pre-match press conference on Friday morning. As has become customary, a club official warned reporters questions relating to Tevez were not permitted.
Mancini added: "We have an important game and this is more important."