THREE defenders linked with Liverpool as Reds plan to bolster back-line: transfer rumours
Another day has brought more links to Liverpool as three defenders and one attacker are said to be interesting the Reds in the latest transfer rumours.
Liverpool's defensive woes are well documented and another two centre-halves as well as one full-back are reportedly attracting the attention of the club.
- Live scores: Arsenal v Huddersfield, Stoke v Liverpool, Manchester City v Southampton, Chelsea v Swansea - plus tables and fixtures
The first central player is West Brom's loanee AHMED HEGAZI. Liverpool and Leicester are both said to be interested in the 26-year-old who is on loan from Egyptian side Al Ahly. The report claims Liverpool have asked about the Egyptian international, although Albion are understood to have an option to make his loan deal permanent for €5 million.
The Reds have also been named as an interested party when it comes to Sevilla defender CLEMENT LENGLET. The left-footer played against Liverpool in last week's 3-3 draw and according to the Daily Mail, Jurgen Klopp's side have enquired about the 22-year-old with a £28 million buy-out clause. Arsenal, Barcelona, Manchester City and Manchester United are all thought to be interested in the 6 foot 2 defender who plays at centre-half but has also featured at left-back.
And finally, there is a conventional full-back also linked as the club are reportedly prepared to make a move for Roma left-back EMERSON PALMIERI . That, according to Italian rumours, is after Liverpool received assurances over the Brazilian's fitness. The 23-year-old has been making his way back from a serious knee injury and is yet to feature for the Roma first-team this season. Corriere dello Sport have said that the Reds are nonetheless ready to meet Roma's €25 million asking price.
Meanwhile, Real Madrid are plotting a January swoop for Chelsea defender DAVID LUIZ as the Brazil international struggles at Stamford Bridge, the Daily Mail reports. The centre-back, 30, was an unused substitute in last Saturday's 1-1 draw at Liverpool and is now out of Wednesday's visit of Swansea with a knee injury. Boss Antonio Conte is preparing to rotate his options throughout a busy December and January, while Zinedine Zidane has said Real could be on the lookout for signings in the winter window.
Top Premier League playmaker DAVID SILVA is expected to sign a new contract that will see him stay with Manchester City until 2020, the Daily Mirror reports. Sources at the club told the newspaper the Spain international is ready to seal the new deal, reported to be worth £160,000-a-week. Silva, 31, joined the Blues in 2010 and his present deal ends in 2019.
Watford are ready to fight off advances by the likes of Chelsea and Tottenham for their Brazilian forward RICHARLISON, the Evening Standard reports. The 20-year-old, who joined the club from Fluminense for a reported £11.5million in July, has scored five times for Hornets so far this season. Chairman Scott Duxbury told the newspaper: "We want Richarlison to be here for many more seasons. We are building a very competitive squad, we have no need to sell."
Manchester City's young star forward LEROY SANE is expected to be rewarded for his performance over the start to the season with a new deal, The Sun reports. Said to currently be on £60,000-a-week, the 21-year-old is reportedly one of the squad's lowest-paid players, but could see his wage rise by a third to £80,000-a-week under new terms at the end of the season.
Social media round-up
@TheSunFootball Alan Pardew agrees deal to become new West Brom manager.
@TheSunFootball Everton to pay new manager whopping £12million to save them.
Players to watch
Alessio Da Cruz - Arsenal, Brighton, Southampton and Swansea are said to be keeping tabs on the 20-year-old Dutch forward, who has impressed since joining Serie A side Novara this season, the Daily Mirror reports.
Dominic Solanke - Swansea have been named favourites to sign the Liverpool forward, 20, who has not seen much play this season, WalesOnline reports.
Gelson Martins - Liverpool and Juventus are vying for Sporting Lisbon's 22-year-old winger, Talksport reports.