Liverpool's £43m bid for Monaco midfielder accepted, Premier League trio linked with Old Firm move as Rangers prepare bid: transfer rumours
It's been reported Liverpool have had a multi-million pound offer for Monaco midfielder Fabinho accepted.
Various media reported the Merseyside club have offered the club somewhere in the region of £43m for the 24-year-old Brazilian who is thought to be wanted as a replacement for Emre Can whose contract expires next month.
Meanwhile As many as four players could be set to make the move from English football to the Old Firm according to the latest transfer rumours.
Beginning with Celtic, the Scottish champions have been linked with two players who played Premier League football last season. First up is Swansea City striker Jordan Ayew. Reports in his native Ghana have claimed Celtic could beat Liverpool to secure the 26-year-old's signature. Ayew scored seven Premier League goals last season but couldn't prevent Swansea from suffering relegation. Now director of Ghanaian club Berekum Chelsea, Nana Oduro Sarfo, has told Ghanaweb that Ayew will "surely not" play in the Championship next season.
"Liverpool has shown interest in him but Scottish side Celtic and their coach seem to be serious with their interest," he is quoted as saying. "I believe he may go to Scotland looking at how events are unfolding since they want to meet every demand."
If Ayew does move to Celtic Park, he could be joined by Wales and Stoke City midfielder Joe Allen. The 28-year-old could be set to link up once against with Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers, who dubbed Allen the 'Welsh Xavi' when he signed the player for Liverpool. The Daily Mirror claim that Rodgers is interested in having Allen at his disposal for the third time, having also utilised the Welshman's services at Swansea. However, the report does suggest that Allen could stay at his current club despite the Potters' relegation to the Championship, having settled in the area.
Over at Ibrox, Rangers could also attract a Premier League player in the form of Huddersfield Town defender Connor Goldson. The Daily Record report that the Gers will return today with a third bid for the centre-half, whose club could let him leave for the right price, which the article reckons is in the region of £3m. The 25-year-old started two Premier League games last season just months after undergoing heart surgery. Routine screening in February 2017 revealed a swollen aorta, requiring surgery that left a six-inch scar.
The Yorkshire Post reckons Rangers could be set to bolster their options at the other end of the pitch as well, linking the Ibrox club with a move for Sheffield Wednesday's Jordan Rhodes. The Scotland striker is his current club's record signing as they forked out a reported £8m to bring him to Hillsborough from Middlesbrough in January 2017. Since then, he has netted only 10 goals in 56 games and the Gers are said to be interested, according to the Yorkshire Post.
Belfast Telegraph Digital