The Dublin county board certainly lost no time in taking punitive action in the wake of what is regarded as a serious breach of the current restrictions governing collective training at inter-county level.
Just a matter of hours after it became known that several members of the reigning All-Ireland champions squad had participated in a full-scale work-out at Malahide, the board slapped a 12-week ban on manager Dessie Farrell.
In his first term in charge last year, Farrell guided the Dubs to their sixth successive All-Ireland title.
But the Dublin board's sharp reaction to what is considered a hugely embarrassing breach of protocol means that, as things stand, Farrell will be unable to participate in the initial stages of the Allianz League.
It is currently expected that matches will begin in mid-May at the earliest.
Nor did the Dublin board stand on ceremony in making its feelings known. A crisp, pointed statement in fact said it all.
The statement read: "Dublin GAA acknowledge that, following an investigation, there was a breach of Covid-19 guidelines.
"The County Management Committee have suspended Dublin senior football manager Dessie Farrell for 12 weeks with immediate effect.
"The Dublin senior football management and players recognise that this was a serious error of judgment and apologise unreservedly for their actions."
Clearly, the Dublin board was not prepared to await any punitive action that the GAA might have taken at a higher level and the indications are that the Dublin management backroom team will play a greater role in team affairs going forward.
The Dublin board's anger and disappointment replicates that of the GAA's top brass who lost no time in highlighting what they felt was a major setback to the Association as a whole.
Their tersely-worded statement said: "It is with frustration and extreme disappointment that the GAA acknowledges reports of a potential breach of both our own Covid guidelines and those of the government relating to the restrictions in place around team training. Less than 48 hours ago, the Association reiterated its commitment to these current guidelines and called for continued compliance in the weeks ahead.
"The GAA will pursue the allegations with the units in question at the earliest opportunity and will invoke any necessary disciplinary processes as appropriate.
"In the meantime, while we acknowledge that the overwhelming majority of counties and clubs have complied in an appropriate and responsible way with the restrictions currently in place, we once again call on our members and units to uphold their integrity and that of the Association."
Given that a ball has not been kicked in earnest since the All-Ireland final on December 19, there is not so much a mere appetite for on-field action as a ravenous desire to see fixtures become a reality rather than an ambition.
Yet today the island's biggest sporting organisation finds itself between a rock a hard place.
The GAA's considerable embarrassment has been compounded by the fact that president Larry McCarthy and Director-General Tom Ryan had, in the immediate aftermath of the government's announcement, unequivocally sounded a sharp warning that any training breach prior to April 19 "would likely put the broader plan to return to activity in serious jeopardy".
Not only that, but they indicated the revised National Fixtures Plan, which is awaited with huge interest, would be unveiled next week. Given what occurred, this could be put on the back burner.