The latest guidance and directives issued by the Camogie Association has caused widespread confusion and disappointment for players in Northern Ireland.
The new restrictions, issued by the Camogie Association on Friday, state: "In Northern Ireland for players who are selected as part of an inter county squad, of any age, must declare for either: Their Inter County Adult team - meaning that they would not be eligible to return to training with their club team under current restrictions, or their Relevant Club Team only, which would mean that they are no longer eligible to train/ play with their county team under current restrictions."
This has left the camogs of Derry's Slaughtneil and Antrim's Loughgiel in a tricky place, with last year's Ulster club final between the two still to be played.
Loughgiel manager PJ O'Mullan Junior, who guided the club's senior hurlers to the All-Ireland club Championship in 2012, is now in a difficult situation.
"I don't understand it at all. I am in a very bad position because in Antrim at the minute we have two teams and we have nearly 17 or 18 players at county," he pointed out.
"So you can understand the position we are in. I don't fathom it at all, they are saying you can train for county or train for club.
"Our situation is different because we are waiting for the Ulster Council and Central Council to make a decision on last year's Ulster final.
"We had a discussion about this at training on Saturday morning and it is the players who are feeling the brunt of it. It's them that are going to have to make the choice and they made it clear they don't want to have to do that."
He urged the provincial Council to make a decision on their outstanding final, adding: "My view is that there is no reason that we cannot go ahead and play this Ulster final. Play it now, give us three weeks' notice and tell us ourselves and Slaughtneil can go ahead at it. Either that, or pull it.
"We have been on hold now since the end of September. Every week we have been told we are getting a decision and now we are at the end of April and the new season is about to start."
He continued: "We have had discussions about it but, from a management point of view, we cannot fathom why they are doing it. It just does not make sense.
"This people are already interacting in their own lives. We have people who are school teachers, nurses, and they are already interacting at those social things.
"When you look at the data presented - team sport, especially outside for training, where we are adhering to all the rules of no changing rooms, sanitising, no contact - the data shows that there is practically no chance of transmission.
"I cannot get to the logic behind it. I can understand if the data said there was a call for concern. There are absolutely zero calls for concerns.
"You look at the club Championships last year. At one stage we had five players tested positive in September time. They tested positive and showed no symptoms and that was it. There was nothing from it.
"We all did the isolation as a unit and that was it.
"But I just cannot see the logic behind this and it is players who it is going to affect.
"We have dual players who play football for Glenariffe and we are being told to pick one over the other. I would be disappointed in it. Who sat on that committee and what was it based on? There are just so many questions that need answered."
Contacted yesterday, the Camogie Association stated there have been no complaints registered with them around the current arrangements.
"Not at the minute," said Office and Communications Administrator Sarah Stanley.
"But it only went out on Friday so if there is anyone not that happy with it, we will probably know today. But there is nothing in the email about what went out on Friday.
"I can imagine it will put a lot of people out, I am aware of that, but at the minute we haven't got any feedback from it."
The Camogie Association hope to get their National Leagues underway on the weekend of May 15.