Belfast Telegraph

Home Sport GAA

Tempo ease into final while Lisnaskea get it tough

Fermanagh Club Championship

Tempo deservedly booked their place in the Fermanagh Senior Championship final with a seven-point win over Erne Gaels on a scoreline of 1-11 to 1-04.

Keen to impress: Daryl Keenan was a key man for Tempo

After a competitive opening period, Tempo took over in the second-half kicking 1-06 to Erne Gaels 1-1.

Thomas Campbell at full forward was the best player on the pitch and it was fitting that he palmed home the goal that put the game beyond doubt.

It put Tempo 10 points clear and even though Seamus Ryder fisted home a goal for Erne Gaels they were never going to get back into this game.

Tempo were the better team throughout with Daryl Keenan's frees and the play of Ciaran McElroy and Damian Kelly at centre half forward and centre half back respectively stood out in a game that generally never rose to any great standard of play.

In the first semi-final Lisnaskea Emmetts got the better of neighbours St Patrick's Donagh by a single point on a scoreline of 1-12 to 1-11.

Lisnaskea dominated the first 25 minutes with corner back Mark Smyth getting on the end of a flowing move to calmly lob the keeper.

St Pat's though enjoyed a great finish to the half with midfielder Paul Cosgrove finishing well for a much needed goal and just two points separated the teams at the break.

St Pat's kept up the good work upon the resumption with Pat Cadden in particularly good shooting form and they went two up. But when they had Ruairi McGrade sent off for a second yellow card offence it was Lisnaskea who took over with Aidy and Mark Little coming more into the game and Daniel Kille kicking some vital points.

The Emmetts were three up with five remaining but St Pat's hit two point in a row to leave the minimum between the teams. But a Pat Cadden ‘45’ drifted just wide and it was the Emmetts who booked their place in the final.

Belfast Telegraph


From Belfast Telegraph