Round of golf with Graeme McDowell up for grabs in Children In Need auction
A round of golf with Graeme McDowell at next year's BMW PGA Championship is part of a charity auction being held for Children In Need this week.
The winning bidder will win a superb prize, with one of the highlights being a place in Wednesday's Pro-Am alongside McDowell and radio presenter Chris Evans at the 2019 BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth.
The auction will take place on Evans' Radio 2 breakfast show tomorrow, one of the final ones he is hosting before leaving the BBC for a new role, between 8am and 9am.
Two winners will be given the ultimate golf package, in association with BMW and the European Tour, which also includes two more rounds of golf with Evans and fellow radio presenter Vassos Alexander at the stunning Sunningdale and Swinley Forest golf clubs.
However, the main part of the prize is taking part in the Pro-Am, with one winner partnering McDowell and Evans in a fourball, and the other joining former World No.1 Lee Westwood and Alexander in a second fourball.
As well as that, the winners will be given accommodation at Coworth Park for the entire week and will receive week-long Corporate Hospitality passes for the whole tournament, along with a signed picture with the winner of the Championship.
In all, the winner will receive:
- A round of golf with Chris Evans and Vassos Alexander at Sunningdale Golf Club on Monday September 16, 2019 with lunch included.
- A round of golf at Swinley Forest with Chris and Vassos on Tuesday September 17, 2019.
- A place in the 2019 BMW PGA Championship Pro-Am, courtesy of BMW and the European Tour, on Wednesday September 18, 2019, alongside Graeme McDowell, Lee Westwood, Chris Evans and Vassos Alexander.
- A set of custom-made TaylorMade Golf Clubs fitted at The TaylorMade Performance Lab at Wentworth Golf Club.
- Corporate hospitality for each winner, plus a guest, in the 2019 BMW PGA Championship Pavilion on all four tournament days (Thursday-Sunday).
- Accommodation for all four winners, plus a guest each, at Coworth Park for seven nights during the week of the 2019 BMW PGA Championship.
- BMW transfers to and from The Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Friday September 20, 2019.
- A signed and framed picture with the winner of the 2019 BMW PGA Championship on the 18th green of the West Course.
McDowell said: “This prize offers the experience of a lifetime. I’ve had a brilliant time in the past and it will be fun for the winners to play at Wentworth and mingle with all the famous faces.”
Children In Need has raised over £950 million for disadvantaged children across the United Kingdom since its inception in 1980, with Evans a long-standing supporter of the charity having held several similar auctions in the past.
Evans added: “These packages have previously raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for BBC Children in Need and I am so excited to be able to offer another incredible opportunity in my final year at the BBC.
“I’ve been lucky enough to play alongside Graeme in the Pro-Am at Wentworth before and it really is an unforgettable experience. We’ve been blown away by the generosity of bidders in previous years and I’m sure it will be no different this time around.”
Belfast Telegraph Digital