Plans for 2015 motor sport Ulster Rally shelved
The British rally championship, which currently features the Todds Leap Ulster Rally, will not take place next year.
Instead, it will be shelved until 2016 while the UK Motor Sports Association considers a total re-vamp for a series which was once the envy of European rallying.
In recent years, it has lost its way with entries shrinking alarmingly in part due to the UK economic situation.
The current promoters were due to hand over to a new organisation next season after the MSA put the contract out to tender but the two candidates were not considered suitable.
The decision does not affect this year's Ulster Rally, which is scheduled to take place on August 15-16 in Fermanagh.
Welshman Osian Pryce and Ireland's Daniel McKenna go into this weekend's third round, the Scottish Rally, as joint leaders.
Meanwhile, Kris Meeke, a former British junior champion, continues his debut season with the Abu Dhabi Citroen team in Rally Poland, which starts this evening in the Mazurian Lakes region.
It is comparatively new to most of the drivers, which should benefit the Ulsterman, who has been at a disadvantage through his lack of knowledge of most of the rounds so far.
"It will be more of a level playing field this time," said Meeke, who is currently seventh in the drivers' championship. His team-mate Mads Ostberg is third behind the VW duo of Sebastien Ogier and Jari-Matti Latvala.
"There will be no question of any unnecessary risks," said Meeke. "The aim is to get through the rally without any mistakes."