Chisora declares war on Whyte with AJ clash in his sights
Dereck Chisora wants his heavyweight showdown with Dillian Whyte to be taken out of the judges' hands after declaring war on his London rival.
The pair stage a rematch of their memorable clash in Manchester two years ago that saw Whyte awarded a split decision, although both fighters emerged from the evening with enhanced reputations.
While the build-up to Saturday's eagerly-awaited collision at The O2 has so far lacked the acrimony of 2016, 'The Brawl To Settle It All' took on a more hostile tone during yesterday's public workout in Canary Wharf.
Chisora, the 34-year-old former world-title challenger now managed by David Haye, used a mouthpiece inscribed with the word 'war' before outlining his approach to avenging his defeat in their first fight.
"We don't want to use judges, he has to get knocked out. We have to knock him out, we are coming there with a knockout mentality," Chisora said.
"No points, nothing. We're not going to come to box, we're coming to fight. How I feel right now is war, war, war.
"We've trained hard for this fight. There's only one way we're going to go for this fight. We're going to war - right from the get-go.
"Start pounding him down. I'm going to pound him and pound him and pound him. He can't hurt me because he doesn't have a powerful shot that bothers me."
The prize at stake is a possible fight with Anthony Joshua at Wembley Stadium on April 13, although the IBF, WBA and WBO champion may now instead look to make his American debut on the same date.
The only stain on Whyte's 25-fight record is the 2015 clash with Joshua that ended in a seventh-round knockout, the result failing to detract from an impressive performance.
Since then he has reeled off eight straight wins, including a decision against Joseph Parker and victory over Chisora in their first contest.
"I've changed a lot," Whyte said. "Usually I get hurt in fights and just carry on scrapping but the experience, maturity and consistency has improved so much."