Six-time Paralympic champion David Weir has revealed he plans to elaborate on the reasons behind his impending retirement at a media conference next week to promote his final race, the London Marathon.
The 37-year-old wheelchair racer on Tuesday took to Twitter to express discontent with the national governing body, British Athletics, declaring he will never wear a GB vest again.
Weir had already announced the April 23 London Marathon would be his last race during his final "terrible" Paralympics last September in Rio.
Weir, who will be seeking a record seventh title on The Mall, insisted he would not compete at the IPC Athletics World Championships in London in July.
Weir said he intends to elaborate on this at a media conference slated to take place on January 27.
No comment was made on claims that Weir made an official complaint, which wasn't upheld, against wheelchair racing coach Jenni Banks following a disagreement in Rio.
British Athletics chief executive Niels de Vos last November attended a meeting at which the national governing body tried to persuade Weir to continue on to the World Championships at the London Stadium. Weir declined.
And Weir last week met with Paralympic head coach Paula Dunn at which he made clear he would not reconsider.
A British Athletics spokesperson said: "British Athletics staff met with David last autumn to encourage him to be part of a memorable home world championships in 2017. However, he further met with our Paralympic Head Coach early last week where he reconfirmed that he would not be returning to international competition."
After crashing in the marathon in Rio, Weir said: "Sometimes I feel like I've been stabbed in the back."